Location: Nashville, TN
To reach client call STAA:
TV Demo1. Sports Reporter 4:55
Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN): B.A. in Communications with a Minor in Marketing. Completed May 2017
SEC Network—Nashville, TN September 2014 to Present
Play-by-Play Announcer, Sideline Reporter, Color Commentator, Broadcast Crew Member
- Report from the dugout as the sideline reporter for all Vanderbilt baseball broadcasts; 63 games over four seasons.
- Serve as the secondary play-by-play announcer for Vanderbilt baseball, soccer, basketball, and lacrosse broadcasts on SEC Network+; includes play-by-play for 16 total events on WatchESPN.com and the ESPN app.
- Conduct postgame interviews for publication on the SEC website, ESPN.com, and the Vanderbilt YouTube channel.
- Featured on the SEC Network’s Bases Loaded telecast, SEC Now highlight show, & SEC Baseball Plays of the Week.
- Worked as a Statistician, Runner, Time-Out Coordinator, & Stage Manager for national broadcasts on ESPN networks.
- Serve as the sideline reporter for 15 high school football game of the week broadcasts on regional television package.
Podcast Host, Producer
- Host a twice-weekly podcast covering Vanderbilt sports at Nashville’s ESPN Radio affiliate.
- Produce weeknight and weekend sports programming as a board operator; generate social media content during games.
In-Game Host (2016-18), Lacrosse & Soccer S.I.D. (Jan.-Aug. 2018), Student Worker (2013-2017)
- Provided in-game commentary, conducted interviews, and narrated fan contests as the In-Game Host at all Vanderbilt football and men’s basketball home games for two seasons, addressing live crowds of up to 40,000 fans while working with marketing and video production staffs to enhance the fan experience at Vanderbilt Stadium and Memorial Gym.
- Led all communications efforts for Vanderbilt’s lacrosse and soccer programs as Sports Information Director.
- Increased Vanderbilt lacrosse’s Instagram impressions by over 500 percent during the 2018 season.
- Announced every game of the 2017 Chatham Anglers season; 47 games in 55 days via online radio & video streaming.
- Planned and executed each broadcast, including pregame and postgame shows featuring player and coach interviews.
Sports Director (August 2014-December 2016); Social Media Director (Jan. 2014-Aug. 2014); Sports Host (Oct. ‘13-April ‘17)
- Spent over 250 hours on air for the station in four years at Vanderbilt, including five semesters as the station’s first Sports Director and one semester as Social Media Director after joining VandyRadio at its founding in 2013.
- Oversaw all sports programming for the station, including studio shows, interviews, and live game broadcasts.
- Hosted two weekly sports talk shows and was the station’s play-by-play voice for soccer and lacrosse game broadcasts.
- Reported on VandyRadio’s behalf for two National Hockey League seasons as a fully credentialed media member.
- Interviewed NHL players and coaches; used locker room audio to create a weekly radio show, articles, and podcasts.
- Wrote feature articles and game stories on Vanderbilt sports, covering baseball, football, soccer, and basketball.
Emma Kaufmann Camp—Morgantown, WV Summers 2012 to 2016
Unit Head (Summer 2016); Overnight Camp Counselor (Summers 2012-2015)
- Supervised 24 counselors & 100 six- to nine-year-old campers as a Unit Head after four summers as a bunk counselor.
- TN Associated Press Awards, Second Place: Online Sports Reporting, Vanderbilt Football feature story April 2017
- College Media Association Pinnacle Awards, Third Place: Best Radio Sportscast, Darren Ambrose Show Oct. 2016
- Vanderbilt Student Media: Innovator Award, Vanderbilt Soccer April 2016
- College Media Association Pinnacle Awards, Second Place: Best Radio Sportscast, Vanderbilt Soccer Nov. 2015
- Tennessee Associated Press Awards, First Place: Best Sports Coverage, Vanderbilt Soccer March 2015
- REMarkable Counselor of the Year Award, Emma Kaufmann Camp Summer 2014