Sportscaster • Show Host • Voice Talent
Long-time Phoenix Broadcaster with more than 20 years of experience gained covering the Arizona Diamondbacks, Phoenix Suns, and Sun Devil Sports on network radio. Built strong relationships with team players, coaches, owners, and fans. Voracious researcher and well prepared for every broadcast. Fast digital editor. Adept at troubleshooting ISDN and Comrex connections. Recipient of several broadcast awards including Arizona Sportscaster of the Year. Background includes:
- Major League Baseball
- NBA & NCAA Basketball
- NCAA & Arena Football
- Public Address Announcer
- Digital Editing
- Post/Pre-game Shows
- Media Guides
- Live Reporting
- News Anchoring
- Social Media
- Public Relations
“Jeff is very well known and does such a great job with whatever he does.”
– Al McCoy, Voice of the Phoenix Suns
Relevant ExperienceARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS – Phoenix Mar 1998 – Oct 2015
Since their debut as an MLB expansion team in 1998, the D-backs have won five National League West titles, one National League Championship pennant, and the 2001 World Series.
Radio Pre-game and Post-game Show Host [Mar 2006– Oct 2015]
- Managed all content; planned and produced show which aired on 13 affiliates, including flagship KTAR.
- Interviewed the team manager before every game; edited and played back during the pre-game show.
- Watched game and followed other teams throughout the league; prepared notes, and hosted post-game show; recapping game highlights and providing scores and stats of other MLB franchises.
- Promoted upcoming games and special events at Chase Field during both shows.
- Reviewed baseball news every day throughout the season and learned roster before every game in order to step in at a moment’s notice when needed.
- Covered 90 Play-By-Play games during the 2012 season.
- Named Arizona Sportscaster of the Year by the NSSA in 2010.
- Wrote and published daily media notes for use at all Arizona Diamondbacks’ home games.
- Edited and distributed The Ballpark Gazette detailing non-baseball activities at home games.
- Helped publish the team’s annual media guide.
The SDSN is owned and managed by Arizona State University Athletics.
Play-By-Play Announcer, ASU Women’s Basketball
Fill-in Play-By-Play Announcer, Men’s Basketball and Baseball
- Announce all home and away women’s games airing on KDUS.
- Set up microphones, computers, ISDN connections, and all technical aspects of the broadcast.
- Utilize other sources of transmission during equipment malfunctions.
- Host a weekly coach’s call-in show during the regular season.
In 47 years of play, the Phoenix Suns have made the NBA playoffs 29 times, posted 19 seasons of 50 or more wins, made nine trips to the Conference Finals, and advanced to the NBA Finals twice.
Fill-in Radio Play-By-Play Announcer
- Contracted to fill in for Al McCoy as needed.
- Described all action on the court, and provided background information on the players as well as news around league during time outs.
- Followed show clock to ensure clean cutaways for legal IDs, and network and local commercial breaks.
Currently owned by Bonneville International, KTAR provides round the clock news coverage, as well as live play-by-play of the Phoenix Suns, Arizona Cardinals, ASU Football, Phoenix Mercury, and Arizona Diamondbacks Major League Baseball.
News Anchor / Substitute Talk Show Host
- Remain on call to cover shifts of vacationing show hosts and news anchors.
Owned by Emmis at the time, KMVP was an all-sports station broadcasting live play-by-play of the Phoenix Mercury and the Arizona Rattlers.
- Voiced and occasionally wrote promotional, commercial, and public service announcements.
- Filled-in as a sports talk show host.
Awards and Recognition
Arizona Sportscaster of the Year – National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association (NSSA) • 2010
Best Announcer Award – Arena Football League • 1997 & 1998
Paul McGonigle Best Newscast Award – Associated Press Broadcasters’ Association • 1995
Governor’s Cup Spot News Coverage – Associated Press Broadcasters’ Association • 1986
Inaugural BCS Championship Game • Jan 2007
NCAA Division I Football National Championship Game (Fiesta Bowl Football Classic) • Jan 1996 & 1999 & 2003
MLB World Series • 2001
WNBA All-Star Game • 2000
U.S. Figure Skating Championships – Phoenix, AZ • 1993
Public Address Announcer
Inaugural BCS Championship Game • Jan 2007
Arizona Rattlers Arena Football • 1992 – 2000
Phoenix Mercury • 1997 – 2000
International Summer Olympics Basketball – Atlanta, GA • Jul 1996
NBA All-Star Game • Feb 1995
Arizona Cardinals • 1988 – 1994
NBA Finals– Phoenix, AZ • 1993
NBA All-Star Game – Phoenix, AZ • 1995
ASU Sun Devil Football – Tempe, AZ • 1987 – 2000
Adobe Audition • Cool Edit Pro • Audio Mixers • ISDN • Comrex
Microsoft Windows │ MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
Cronkite School of Broadcasting at Arizona State University – Mentor
ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY – Tempe
Bachelor of Science (BS) in History program (75% completed)