Location: Fargo, ND
To reach client call STAA:
Bachelor of Arts, May, 2014
Concordia College, Moorhead, MN
Major: Communications/Mass Media
Related Experience89.1 Kens FM, Fargo, ND May 2015-Present
- Currently the radio voice of the Fargo Invaders semi-professional football club and West Fargo Sheyenne High School football on 89.1, Kens Fm.
- Describes the play-by-play action of the game with accuracy and attention to detail, providing stats and game recaps during the broadcast.
- Interacts with listeners on Facebook during the broadcast.
- Creates promos for the broadcasts and communicates with sponsors of the broadcasts.
- Prepares for broadcasts by collecting player information and statistics, interviewing players and coaches, memorizing player names and numbers and watching game film.
- Cover men’s basketball and football team for school radio station, serving as play-by-play announcer.
- Prepare for broadcasts with comprehensive research, analyzing media guides and articles for vital information and statistics on each player on both teams. Preparation includes watching game film, creating spotting boards, and writing the outline for the pre-game scripts.
- Served on the Concordia College Sports Information Department staff as broadcaster of the Concordia Men’s and Women’s hockey games streamed online at Stretchinternet.com.
- Coordinated and managed technical equipment prior to the game in addition to writing pre game scripts and memorizing player names and personal information.
- Co-host of the “Tom and Benzy Show.”
- Created a weekly one-hour talk show on Tuesday nights that consisted of segments discussing topics such as sports, news and college life, while hosting guest students.