Minor League Sports, Major League Business
Sports Broadcasting, Incorporating Sales into Social Media, Multimedia Content
Worcester Tornadoes Baseball Team
, Can-Am League, Worcester, MA Broadcaster, Marketing Manager & Sponsorship Fulfillment
Providence Bruins Hockey Team
- Create marketing materials for team, including advertisements, flyers, magnet schedule, pocket schedule, program and billboards/banners.
- Work with team's sponsors to ensure they receive all compensation (& more) from their agreements.
- Manage team's Facebook and Twitter Accounts in addition to the new LinkedIn Group meant for fans, sponsors and potential clients alike.
- Creating, revising and implementing other marketing plans to increase the team's exposure within the Worcester Area.
- Selling group tickets at local little league events.
- Attended six 2011 games for other minor league teams to monitor promotions & advertising sponsors, radio broadcasts & other gameday presentation aspects
, American Hockey League, Providence, RI Broadcaster
(Sep. 2011-pres.) Media Relations Assistant
(Oct. 2010-Apr. 2011)
Hudson Valley Renegades Baseball Team
- Fill-in for Official Scorer.
- Public Address Announcer for Youth Hockey Games.
, NY-Penn League, Wappingers Falls, NY Play-by-Play Broadcaster & New Media Manager
Brewster Whitecaps Baseball Team
- Developed an on-field pregame show including team promotions & sales.
- Arranged the publication of various team news to appear on FanHouse & Ben's Biz Blog.
- Created radio advertising packages.
- Discovered over 100 radio ad spots for potential sponsors to buy.
- Sold tickets through Glitnir Ticketing System.
- Created program advertisements using Adobe Photoshop.
- Managed the team's online presence through the blog, Facebook, Twitter & YouTube with multimedia, discussions & contests.
, Cape Cod Baseball League, Brewster, MA Play-by-Play Broadcaster, Director of Media Relations
(May 2007-Aug. 2009)
WTBU Radio Station
- Reworked & expanded brewsterwhitecaps.com, including multimedia content.
- Created & hosted league-wide shows for the All Star Game & Playoffs.
, Boston, MA Play-by-Play Broadcaster
(Jan. 2007-May 2009)
- Provided play-by-play & color commentary for Boston University sports, including the 2009 NCAA Champion Men's Ice Hockey Team.
Hill Holliday Advertising Agency
, Boston, MA Community Manager, Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year
- Oversee all usage of official Coach of the Year social media accounts.
- Fan votes were up 10% in 2010 compared to 2009.
- Positive sentiment of Liberty Mutual almost doubled during the 2010 campaign.
- Hundreds of thousands of COTY-related posts on Facebook by fans in 2010.
, Manchester, NH Public Relations Intern
890 ESPN Boston Radio Station
- Edited website's articles & promoted them on Twitter.
- Website reached Top 10 Career Blog Status Worldwide during my tenure.
, Charlestown, MA Intern
- Ran station events, including ones at Boston Red Sox home games.
- Promoted an event alone on the first day of work.
- Board Operator during the 2007 ALCS & World Series.
New England Sports Network
, Watertown, MA Production Intern
- Managed the Stage & Built the Set at Fenway Park & the TD Garden for Boston Red Sox & Boston Bruins Pre-Game, Post-Game & Intermission Reports.
BUTV 10 Television Station, Boston, MA
Cape League On Deck
Anchor, Associate Producer (Terrier Nation) (Sep. 2008-May 2009)
Executive Producer, On-Air Talent (Offsides) (Jan. 2007-May 2009)
, Cape Media, Yarmouth, MA Associate Producer, Reporter, Writer
- Show Aired on New England Sports Network
"Nick quickly gained my trust as someone that would always tackle every task with everything he had. I was very impressed with the way Nick sought out more responsibility and came through when it was given to him. Most importantly, the quality of Nick's work was top-notch."
-Sean Allen, NESN Producer
"Of all the interns I have worked with over the last several years, Nick is far and away one of the most progressive thinkers in a media landscape that is constantly evolving in ways we never could have imagined and at a rate that continues to blow people away. In my experience, Nick is often a step or two ahead of the curve, as can be evidenced by his personal website, blog and variety of personal Web 2.0 pages, including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. He would be an asset to any organization."
-Adam Kaufman, Providence Bruins Radio Broadcaster
For more references, please consult Nick's LinkedIn Page and/or Nick's Blog.